- How consciously do we navigate this?
- Knowledge vs Prototyping
- Width vs Depth of exploration
- Speculation is "fast" to move but with uncertainty
- Application focuses and finds new constraints, but it's expensive
- Multidimensional and Multiobjective
- Pareto front optimal solutions?
- Fuzzy/Noisy, Changing over time
- We are all optimizers
- We keep a model of the design landscape, updated by information (experiments, knowledge). Biased by our psychology
- We try to "sample" promising areas to find a good solution
- Similar to Bayesian Optimization (information directed sampling)
|Bayesian Optimization. Used in black-box problems that|
have a high sampling (evaluation) cost.
Post a Comment