Search this blog

12 February, 2013

HDR Workflows

Presentation time! This one started during my last stay at EA, I never completed it before now, so I couldn't present it live. As always, it has loads of notes and references, and in the current state is meant more as notes than a proper presentation.

Hopefully, the slide deck does some good explaining why, really, we need tonemapping (-when- we need it),  reminds everybody to help artists validate their work from proper references, and shows a (common) way to split brightness from color, an implementation of what Photoshop calls "vibrance" and some other little tricks.

As far as tonemapping operators, it derives a few curves, one of which is fairly similar (but worse) to Mike Day's recent work. Use his instead :)

6 comments:

Joakim D said...

Thanks, there is some good info in those notes

Anonymous said...

Make your links stand out more in the body of your post.

DEADC0DE said...

You didn't say the magic word...

Leonard Ritter said...

Aw man, I was really looking forward to reading this presentation as I'm implementing a HDR workflow and frantically try to get as information as I can, but Scribd has locked your presentation behind a paywall and expects us all to pay it. :(

Steve said...

Any news on the Scribd issue? I even let them steal my facebook account and email, and they still wanted me to pay for your presentation. F them.

DEADC0DE said...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6809780/HDR%20Workflows_2.pptx

I won't promise this won't disappear in the future